Open topic with navigation
Our support center offers variety of resources that makes valuable information available to you immediately. This includes resources like a knowledge-base, forums, product documentation, newsletters, and more. Usually these resources give you near-instant answers to the questions and/or issues you encounter, and can therefore save you a great deal of time.
If you are new to our system and are evaluating our products and services, you will have access to guidance via email support during your evaluation period to help ensure you are acquainted and confident with our products and services.
Technology is constantly changing, and though this brings much excitement, it is understood that changes often result in unforeseen problems. Furthermore, keeping up with changes in various platforms, architectures, and frameworks requires a great deal of effort. Customers with active maintenance subscriptions have access to the following benefits for the products and services purchased:
- The latest compatibility updates around constantly-changing operating systems and development tools. Keeping up-to-date with the latest versions of our libraries minimizes the risk of encountering bugs and incompatibilities as things change.
- Email technical support.
- The latest and greatest improvements and features we are constantly adding to our products and services.
To check the status of your subscription, renew it, or download version updates, please sign-in to our customer license portal.
If your needs exceed that of our standard technical support services, we offer personalized professional services which may be used to further help you with an implementation or diagnosis. Should you find yourself in need of such services, please visit our support center and open a ticket to submit your request.
You encountered a problem, could not find any information about the problem in our support center resources, and you need some answers quickly. Our products and services are designed to make life in the licensing and e-commerce world easier, and we take pride in fulfilling that same goal with technical assistance. However, you can make our lives a little easier and get answers much more quickly by taking the time to ensure your request includes all of the information we need to provide you with the answers you need. Here are some common questions we might need you to answer:
- What behavior was experienced, and how does it differ from the behavior expected?
- Can this behavior be reproduced using a sample application which was shipped with the product?
- If any error/exception messages were displayed, please include the exact text and/or a screen shot.
- Who experienced the problematic behavior?
- Did you, one of the application developers, and/or one of your customers experience the problematic behavior?
- Is there a discrepancy between who experienced the behavior versus who should have (or should not have) experienced the behavior?
- When does this behavior occur?
- Does the behavior occur consistently or intermittently?
- Does the behavior occur from a specific line of code, area, and/or function or method call in your application?
- How can we reproduce this behavior?
- Explain the steps taken to reproduce this behavior.
- Include any screen shots if available.
- If possible, provide a complete sample project (with source code) which can be used to reproduce the behavior.
- Did the affected systems belong to someone within your organization, the customer, or both?
- On what operating system was the behavior experienced? Please include the operating system version and architecture (i.e. Windows 7 Professional x64).
- Is there anything known about the environment which is unique, which might cause adverse affects? (i.e. does the problem only happen when a specific device is attached/detached, is it only on a laptop but not a desktop, etc...).
- What programming language was used to write your application?
- What architecture (i.e. x86/32-bit, x64/64-bit) does your application target?
- Which of our tools or APIs (i.e. Instant Protection PLUS 3, PLUSManaged, PLUSManagedGui, PLUSNative) is used in your application? Are you using the latest version, and if not, what version does it use?
- Have any recent changes been made to the application? This can include things like: source code changes, using a different version of our tools or APIs, using a different version of development tools/frameworks,etc...
To submit your request for assistance, please visit our support center and open a new ticket. When doing so, making sure you include any relevant information (including, but not limited to, items listed in the "gathering information" section above). Additionally, if you have multiple inquiries or issues that are unrelated to one-another, open separate tickets for each inquiry/issue.