The SoftwareKey System offers a variety of purchasing options to meet your unique needs, whether you are an Individual, Small/Medium Business, or an Enterprise.
Hover over the items in the list below for more details, or see the extended descriptions further down the page.
We offer the option not to use our license server and manually process each customer activation, but you won't have remote control of the licenses.
Our standard monthly plans are usage-based, and each plan includes different amounts of usage per month. There is no limit on usage, but an overage fee applies if you go over the included monthly amount:
- Activations: A number of activations are included each month, and additional activations are $0.75/each (no limit). Applies when activating a license on a new computer or re-activating a license on a previously-activated computer. See our Activation Overview video for more details.
- API Transactions: A number of API transactions are included each month, and additional transactions are are $1 per 3000 (no limit). Applies to programmatic calls/requests made to SOLO Server Automation unrelated to the activation process. View our API Transaction Policy and Examples for details.
- Users: Each software developer and other staff members managing customers and licenses needs a unique User login to SOLO Server Automation.
The remaining items are the same for each of our standard monthly plans:
- Protection (licensing client): Component included in your software which is distributed to your customers and enforces license entitlements. Includes access to Instant Protection PLUS 3 and Protection PLUS 5 SDK.
- Automation (licensing server): Central licensing service (SOLO Server Automation) hosted by SoftwareKey and used to manage your customers and licenses, automatically activate and validate licenses, as well as many other features.
- Software Maintenance: Includes software updates for Protection and Automation as well as access to online Standard Support.
- GDPR Support: Needed by customers who are regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation, which is designed to unify data protection laws across the European Union.
- eCommerce Integration (optional): SOLO Server Automation offers an integrated eCommerce engine that can fully-automate license purchase, delivery, and software subscriptions for a 2% fee. You can also integrate third-party eCommerce solutions with no additional fees.
- Custom on-boarding: See the Premium Support section below for details.
"SoftwareKey is a one stop shop for software protection. Tenacity has been using their solutions since we opened in 2004, and I would not consider going anywhere else. I love the SoftwareKey built-in shopping cart and tools they provide to protect our software from theft."
VP Operations, Tenacity, Inc.
"The Cloud-Controlled Network Floating Licensing option has greatly simplified our license authentication process. Moving from a LAN approach to a WAN approach has also made our clients' lives easier."
Lead UI Developer, Bridge Software Institute
"In the past, we used dongles to protect our software. Today, thanks to SoftwareKey, our licensing costs fell more than 30 times, managing to have a single solution that solved several problems."
Juan Manuel Garrido
"SoftwareKey has allowed us to automate much of our licensing process and saved us a lot of time in terms of resource allocation. As a result, we have sold more products and generated more income."
Premium Support / Custom On-boarding
For customers who need or want a higher level of service from our experienced team of licensing experts in order to fast-track your evaluation and/or implementation, Team SoftwareKey offers several Premium Support options. For more information, read about engaging our Professional Services.
Premium Support is a fit for individuals or companies who:
- Prefer senior-level support staff to "Do It With You" or "Do It For You"
- Want someone else to take ownership of licensing implementation and guide them to the finish line
- Have complex licensing requirements that may require at least some coding with our various APIs or SDKs
- Want assistance integrating the licensing system with other external systems