The Protection PLUS 5 Native Edition library (still labelled as a beta version) is the only component of the SoftwareKey System which is affected by the Heartbleed bug. See our blog post on Heartbleed.
Are you currently using one of the legacy editions of Protection PLUS Version 4 (Professional / Enterprise / Internet Editions)? We recently presented a general overview of Protection PLUS 5 in a webinar which is now available to watch on demand.
Summary of Changes
- The PLUSNative library, included with Protection PLUS 5 Native Edition, has been updated to use OpenSSL 1.0.1g to fix the Heartbleed vulnerability.
- Important: Changes to the hard disk volume serial algorithm for both PLUSManaged and PLUSNative could have an impact on customers who have already activated your protected applications. Review the release notes for further details.
- The HardDiskVolumeSerialIdentifierAlgorithm in PLUSManged now includes support for Mac OS X.
- Added virtual machine guest environment detection for Linux and Mac OS X.
- Protection PLUS 5 Native Edition installation packages for Linux and Mac OS X are now available.
- Various other fixes and enhancements.
Read the full release notes here!
- The Linux version of License Manager (now included with Protection PLUS 5 Native Edition for Linux) exhibits display/rendering issues in Ubuntu 14.04.
- The Objective C samples for Mac OS X do not find the PLUSNative.h file (you can copy the file into the sample directory to fix this), and need to be updated to link DiskArbitration.framework.