Team SoftwareKey has recently posted releases for both Protection PLUS 5 SDK and SOLO Server, as outlined in this post. These releases contain minor fixes and enhancements for both products.
Protection PLUS 5 SDK Version 220.127.116.11
Protection PLUS 5 SDK .NET Edition customers using Cloud-Controlled Network Floating Licensing and version 18.104.22.168 should update to this version. It fixes an issue introduced in the previous version, as outlined in the release notes.
Due to third-party library updates, we have dropped support for macOS versions previous to 10.8. If you are developing with a minimum OS version previous to 10.8, you may need to take measure to update your application for compatibility, or continue using a previous version of Protection PLUS 5 SDK until you can apply the required updates.
LabVIEW customers have a new vi implementing the SK_PLUS_LicenseAliasGetValidatedCount function and some minor changes to the samples in order to address customer feedback.
View the release notes for a complete list of changes.
SOLO Server Build 22.214.171.124
New Licenses by Customer Report
A new Licenses by Customers report has been added. This report returns the same data as the existing Licenses by Product report, however the data is grouped by customer, with options to sort by either License ID or Product within each customer, making it easy to get a snapshot of recent license activity by customer.
Cloud Controlled Network Floating Licensing Enhancements
Several enhancements have been made to Cloud Controlled Network Floating Licensing:
- On the Session History page in the customer license portal, a loading icon is now shown while the chart is being generated, and the computer listing is now scrollable and fixed to a maximum height to limit the page height when large numbers of computers are in use.
- Several improvements have been made to the database indexes to further optimize the reporting queries.
- The Export Network Floating History Report now includes the total session duration and total checkout duration in both minutes and hours.
Other Significant Enhancements
- The FileUltimate control used on the file management page has been updated to the latest version, which now supports dragging and dropping of files and uses a new HTML5 based upload method on browsers which support it.
- By default, database connections in the Classic ASP/COM based portions of SOLO Server will now use SQL Native Client 11 as the data provider, falling back to the SQL OLE DB Client provider if SQL Native Client 11 is not present.
- When using network email delivery, SOLO Server can now optionally log all sent emails to the folder specified by the EmailPickupDirectory configuration entry. This feature can be used to recover from a failure with a 3rd party email provider.
Read the full release notes here.
As always we'd love to hear from you, so feel free to reach out and contact us with your questions and feedback.